Please note that the full essential race and residents’ information for Sunday 8th September 2021 will be updated soon…
As we head towards The UK Trail Running Festival we will update this page with the latest information once confirmed. In the meantime should you have any questions regarding the event you can get in touch via email: [email protected]
Giving Back to the Community:
If you are a sporting group/youth group who would like to get involved and benefit from the New Forest Marathon Community Fund please get in contact. The New Forest Marathon Community Fund has supported over 26 local groups helping hundred of people from the local area to become active.
In 2019 the New Forest Marathon Community Fund has the kind support of all running the New Forest Marathon with £1 from every runner taking part going to the fund.
The New Forest Marathon Community Fund also benefits from all funds from the Junior 1k and 200m event, Free places allocated for the fund and with runners raising £100 each, sales of NFM T shirts and further contributions of runners when signing up to take part.
These all enable a really positive difference to be made to the area and the groups and organisations who benefit.
If anyone needs to contact a member of the New Forest Marathon Team for emergencies on Race Day Sunday September 8th 2019 a dedicated RESIDENTS HOTLINE* number is displayed below and will be directly through to the Race Control hub. This central hub will include Race Director, Raynet (Communications), Road Traffic Control, Medi 4, Social Media, Hampshire Search and Rescue, Head Marshal and support team to log activity to ensure a smooth operation and clear communication to resolve any issues that could occur.
Maintaining support of local residents and businesses is an absolute priority. The marathon has always been a welcomed event in the forest, and we want to keep it that way. It is a privilege to be able to use the area to stage such a wonderful event and you, as residents play a large part in that.
Get in touch
If you would like to get in touch for whatever reason you can do so via the residents hotline or through the following channels:
Email: [email protected]
The following steps will be taken to ensure residents can be proud of the event.
- Clear communication. This will be achieved through:
- This dedicated section on the website with up-to-date information for residents
- Meetings before and after the event with local councils and all key groups
- Clear information in press, parish publications about the event
- Clear signage before the event
- Clear itinerary with early start
- All information mirrored across social media
- Use of professional experienced marshals including a dedicated head marshal to minimise delays and maximise traffic flow, whilst maintaining a professional safe regulated event
- Prioritisation of New Forest Marathon Community Fund grants to local community groups that have helped volunteer at the event.
- A commitment from marshals to ensure the St Giles House Estate and villages are respected and left as they are found, with marshals dedicated to ensuring this happens
- A hotline number in case of emergency on the day.
- A thank you in the local press
We would like to thank the residents and businesses of Wimborne St Giles for their support and patience during this period. We hope you agree this is a fantastic showcase for the local area.